Summer Heat and Warm Thoughts
Posted by Dirck on 17 June, 2016
I’m about to embark on my summer vacation, which takes me away from the Regular Job entirely and the internet to as great a degree as I can manage (because it turns from a welcome distraction into a vexatious distraction). I’ll be using the time in the following ways:
- Throwing out stuff I should have thrown out when clearing out the parents’ house instead of letting Nostalgia shove me around;
- Throwing out stuff so my son won’t have to do item (1) in 35 years;
- Committing small acts of home repair as a proof of good intention to the house;
- Small acts of sympathetic magic in hopes of convincing wealth to shower upon my household (already begun, as you may note from the roster of “Rich Man’s Pens” that are showing up in my rotation);
- Getting my son as much locomotive time as possible in celebration of his birthday– there’s a steam engine and an archaic diesel within reach;
- Submitting more stories to more markets;
- Please, please, please some writing, because the boy’s at school still for almost the whole period that I’m not and I should have time even with the previous chores standing in my way.
I may also, if something particularly interesting lurches up in front of me, stick my head in here, but don’t count on any more than a large and oddly formatted progress report in early July.
And now, because it’s Friday, let’s have some films. First, something sizzling hot pen action!
Seriously, folks– don’t get your old pens near an ignition source.
To balance all that horror, here’s something I’d actually like to be present for:
…and may one day, should my efforts at conjuring bear fruit. Have a nice solstice, everyone, and I’ll see you next month.
Today’s pen: Parker 75